The first annual Carole Taran Award for Performing Arts at Miami Beach Senior High School was presented to senior Hillary Zhuner, an incredible performer who was selected by the faculty of the Fine Arts Academy at Beach High. Hillary will be attending New School in New York City, majoring in Jazz Vocal Performance. Hillary has been a vocalist in the Rock Ensemble for the last four years. She is also an accomplished violinist and has been a member of the school Orchestra since ninth grade. In addition, this year she performed in two musical theatre productions Starmites and South Pacific in which she had the female lead.The 2014 Senior Awards Ceremonies were held on Wednesday May 21st at the Beach High Auditorium and the “Carole Award” was presented to Hillary Zhuner at that time.
The annual award is presented by 1308 Productions, a non-profit and public service music education advocacy organization founded and led by former Beach High students Jason Novack and Allison Novack. The award is in honor and memory of their aunt, Carole Taran Lee, also an alumnus of Beach High.
Internationally Acclaimed Vocalist and Grammy Nominated Atlantic Recording Artist Carole Taran co-founded Adam Productions in 1974 as the first truly full service Destination Management, Meeting Planning, Entertainment and Logistics company in South Florida. She performed with the industry’s most renowned artists during a music career that spanned several continents and six decades of presenting incredible music and performances to audiences everywhere.
- Member of American Guild of Variety Artists – AGVA
- Screen Actor’s Guild – SAG
- American Federation of Musicians – AFM
- Who’s Who in Entertainment
- Who’s Who in American Women.
- International Who’s Who of Professional Business Women.
- Music Industry Record Producer
- Winner: Carbonnel Award – Best Female Cabaret Performer
- Past President – Props Women in Show Business
- Energetic advocate for South Florida conventions, tourism, and live performances
BEACH HIGH STUDENT WINS AWARD (Miami Herald, July 27, 2014)
May her joys, laughter, and songs become bound into an eternal recognition of her unique life and to also serve as a launching pad for others to continue in the tradition that she created.